Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Project: Part IX

Yes, there's been a sudden stoppage of posts about my progress.

The machine was built and turned on, I had taken pictures along the way to post each step.

However, when I finished the machine and tried to boot it. It was dead. I checked the power supply with a multimeter and it was DOA.

So I'm waiting on Newegg's RMA procedure to finish, and while I was logged in I looked around for different PSUs and with a little help from the awesome people over at the AMD forums, decided to purchase the Corsair 650Tx.

Maybe add a little extra power to the thing...there's some heavy-duty stuff in there, and if my research is any kind of indicator, there's reports of people getting this Deneb up to 3.5 and steady. I'm pretty sure 400W wouldn't handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment