Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Project: Part III

I pull into my driveway after work today and see a nice, big amazon box on my porch. I knew instantly what it was...my new black and orange Mid-Size Cooler Master Elite 310 ATX case:



It's also comic book day, so double-yay!

I get inside, noticing that the packaging is a little beat up. The box holding the case was inside another, larger box. The didn't put any packaging material on top, so the larger box was nearly wide open, I could basically see inside the box.

Oh well, I carefully opened the box and lifted the actual case's box out and heard the sound of rattling...I figured it was the sound of screws or something.

Once I opened the box and pulled the case out I was not happy. The plastic...whatever they're called...anchors?...that hold the face to the case were all broken and the face was hanging off, held together only by the fact that they end of the wire tips weren't small enough to fall through the holes in the case.

I thought it might just be one that was broken, and I could find one, or there'd be an extra but no such luck. As I looked closer there was pieces of plastic everywhere inside the case and in the plastic bag the case came in.

I mean, how hard do you have to throw this box around to do this type of damage? I'm absolutely furious. Amazon has burned me a few times in the past...I've bought collectible comic books and they arrived loose in boxes with no protection and all folded up and bumped edges etc.

This makes the 5th time I've had to return something to Amazon. Of course, they are providing me with a replacement...but I've even had to ship back replacements before!

Is it me or has Amazon's service declined lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment